USS Sterett Association
2017 Reunion Information
The 2017 USS Sterett Reunion is 4 months out.
Your shipmates will be there talking about you if you aren't there!
When: 23-25 June 2017 (Thursday 22 June for early arrivals)
Where: Nashville, TN
Hilton Nashville Airport Hotel
2200 Elm Hill Pike
Nashville, Tennessee 37214
General Hotel Information:
hilton.com nashville airport
Rooms (single/double) will be available for a rate of $135 (+ tax and fees).
These rates will be available three days either side of the reunion dates of 22-25 June, 2017. Rooms must be booked by May 23, 2017 to guarantee this discounted rate.
You can make your reservations very easily by using this direct online link:
This link will take you directly to the reservations page for the Sterett reunion. It is preset for a 22 June arrival so if you are arriving on 23 June, change the arrival date before proceeding.
If you prefer to make reservations by phone:
The group reservations phone number is
615-883-9770. Option 1 . Specify USS Sterett.
Check-in time is 3:00 pm. Check out time is 12:00 pm
The following will be offered for our Saturday evening reunion banquet. Entrée choices must be indicated on the reunion registration forms.
Chicken: Marinated and Seared Chicken Breast topped with a white wine veloute
Baked Salmon: Oven Poached Fresh Atlantic Salmon topped with a Lemon-Ginger buerre Blanc or Sweet Chili glaze
NY Strip: Portion Flamed Grilled NY Strip Served with Garlic/Herb Butter
Vegetarian Dinner: Chef's choice vegetarian meal
Above entrees served with: Mixed Field Greens, Tomatoes, Sliced Cucumbers, Shredded Carrots with Assorted Dressings Chef's choice Starch
Chef's choice Vegetable
The Saturday Afternoon Group Tour will be to the Jack Daniel's Distillery in Lynchburg, TN. Our group tour will depart by bus at approximately 11:00 from the Hilton Airport Hotel for a drive to Lynchburg, TN and the Jack Daniels Distillery.
You have the option of the traditional tour or a tasting tour.
Fees: The Association will provide bus transportation.
The traditional, non tasting tour is free.
The fee for the tasting tour is $16.00. The Association will offset the fee by $4.00. Cost to each participant will be $12.00.
(Tour fees will be paid as part of the reunion registration process.)
Jack Daniel's Distillery is an outdoors walking tour. Those with mobility issues should consider other activities for Saturday afternoon.
Saturday Afternoon Tour Lunch
The Association will arrange to order and pick up sandwiches from Subway for the ride to the Jack Daniel/s Distillery.
All sandwiches will be 6" on Italian bread with American cheese and will include a cookie and a bottle of water.
Mayonnaise, Mustard and Ketchup will be available.
Each lunch will cost $7.00 and must be prepaid as part of the registration process.
- Lunch Options:
- Lunch 1: Black Forest Ham
- Lunch 2: Turkey breast
- Lunch 3: Cold Cut Combo
- Lunch 4: Roast Beef
- Lunch 5: Italian BMT
- Please indicate your lunch preferences when you register.
- The lunch options will be displayed when you select the number of tour guests.
- Sorry, no substitutions.
- Lunch orders must be received no later than Thursday, 22 June, 2017.
Registration forms are now available for the 2017 Sterett Reunion in Nashville.
Go to http://www.sterett.net/reunions/ for reunion information and follow the link provided to register.
You will find both on line and mail in forms.
198 Golanvyi Trail
Vonore, TN 37885
Nashville Area Attractions
Nashville, known as the Country Music Capital of the World, is a major destination offering lots of interesting attractions and places of interest. Although Nashville is called the Country Music Capital, the city is not limited to offering only country music venues. Besides country, you'll find bluegrass, Americana, jazz, fusion, rock, pop and classical along with a host of outdoor festivals from crafts shows to food fairs to cars (including classic and hot rods).
Check out some of what Nashville has to offer!
For general information check out: www.visitmusiccity.com
Here are some places you might consider visiting or spending time at:
- Grand Ole Opry http://www.opry.com/
- Ryman Auditorium http://ryman.com/
- Water park for children and families https://www.nashvilleshores.com/
- Huge shopping mall next to the grand Ole Opry House and Opryland hotel http://www.simon.com/mall/opry-mills/stores
- Museum in downtown - The Frist Center http://fristcenter.org/
- Country Music Hall of Fame http://countrymusichalloffame.org/
- Home of President Andrew Jackson - The Hermitage http://thehermitage.com
- "World famous" Tootsie's Orchid Lounge http://www.tootsies.net/
- The Bluebird Café http://bluebirdcafe.com/
- Tennessee Performing Arts Center (TPAC) http://www.tpac.org/
- Concert hall and home to the Nashville Symphony the Schermerhorn https://www.nashvillesymphony.org/about/Schermerhorn-Symphony-Center
- Lane Motor Museum http://www.lanemotormuseum.org/
- The Corvette Museum and factory (about 45 minutes away) http://www.corvettemuseum.org/
- Fort Campbell Army Base - Home to 101st Airborne Screaming Eagles
- Fort Knox - Home to the nation's gold repository and about an hour away
- Local winery owned by country music singer Kix Brooks - Arrington Vineyards (about 30 minutes)http://www.arringtonvineyards.com/
- Belle Meade Mansion - Southern plantation home and home to the thoroughbreds that started steeplechase racing in America http://bellemeadeplantation.com/
- U.S. Space and Rocket Center Huntsville, AL - about two hours away http://rocketcenter.com/
- Ascend Amphitheater in downtown on the river banks, entertainment most nights.
- The Gulch - new and vibrant area on the edge of the downtown area filled with music venues and restaurants
Nashville is a great location.
Don't miss the opportunity to mingle with your Sterett shipmates at the 2017 reunion.
Remember, rooms must be booked by May 23, 2017 to guarantee the discounted rate.