Know All Men by These Present Greetings, the following ships and their crews have been duly initiated into the Solemn Order of the Ancient Order of Shellbacks:
Date USS STERETT (DDG 104) crossed the Equator:
- 30 April 2015
- 2018 (exact date unknown)
- 21 November 2020
Dates USS STERETT (CG 31) crossed the Equator:
- 05 January 1976
- 06 May 1977
- 16 April 1979
- 30 May 1982
- 19 April 1984
- 23 August 1985
- 29 May 1987
- 21 December 1989
- 11 January 1991
- 19 August 1993
Dates USS STERETT (DLG 31) crossed the Equator:
- No Dates were reported in the 1967 to 1975 Command Reports. If this in error, please contact the Association here – thank you!
Dates USS STERETT (DD 407) crossed the Equator:
- 23 July 1940 (In the book Tin Can Sailor by C. Raymond Calhoun the ship was in the vicinity of Jarvis Island in the South Pacific on pg. 12).
- 25 February 1943 (In the book Tin Can Sailor by C. Raymond Calhoun the ship was on their way to Espiritu Santo in the South Pacific and the event occurred 24 vs. 25 February 1943 as is in the Shellback Certificate on pg. 110).
- 26 November 1944 (In the book Tin Can Sailor by C. Raymond Calhoun enroute to Manus in the Admiralty Islands on pg. 136).
A Trusty Shellback’s shillelagh retired long, long ago…
This content is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please log in. New users may register below.