For years the Association has heard that STERETT shipmates, family and friends having in their possession STERETT memorabilia that could be on display at the future opening of the National Museum of the Surface Navy (NMSN) currently located aboard the Battleship IOWA Museum in Long Beach, California. The expected opening of this museum won’t be until the late 20s; therefore, a virtual museum was created to display these items online until such time that we can have them on display at the NMSM. Check the video below…
The items below have been provided in support of the Association’s primary objective of “preserving the history the ships historic data for future generations” (Bylaws, Article II). Thank you for your donation!!!
- Brass from Kamikaze attack on DD-407 on 09 April 1945 – Frenchy LeFebrve (R2C, 42-45)
- Crossing the Line Ceremony aboard DD-407 – Chuck Bond (CG-31, 86-89)
- Dial-in Phone from DLG/CG-31 – David Wolf (DLG-31, 67-71)
- Duty Master-at-Arms Badge used on DLG/CG-31 – Tim Page (FTM1, 79-84)
- Framed photo of DLG-31 with Plankowner’s signatures – David Wolf (DLG-31, 67-71)
- KAL 007 CTF 2-Star Pennant – Tim Page (FTM1, 79-84)
- Sound Powered Phone from DLG/CG-31 – David Wolf (DLG-31, 67-71)
- The Salute Newspaper Clipping from May 12, 1967 – Jim Hailey (DLG-31, 66-69)
- Vietnamese Bill and Message – Gary Smith (CG-31, 81-84)
Please send pictures of items you may consider donating to the Association at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, please e-mail or call/text at (360)720-4401.